Monday, July 23, 2012

Journey (Part Three of Many)

A fact of life, an axiom if you will,  is that people behave according to what they believe. (not according to what they say they believe)  Case and point:  I can tell my wife I love her until I am breathless.  I can believe that I love my wife with all my heart, but until I understand what causes her to feel loved, and do that, she will not be loved. 

As Paul put it, if I can fathom all mysteries, and possess all knowledge but if I have not love, I gain nothing.

I desire to change, not just by reading, but by applying  what I have read.  I desire to do more than meet or listen to compelling individuals.  Instead I want to emulate those characteristics that I find compelling.  I want to filter what I find compelling through the scripture, and I want to know Christ, first by studying Him, then by walking  mile after mile in His sandals.  I want to live like He lived, selflessly, sacrificially  and focused solely on the glory of the Father.

I share this with you, not so that you will think I am wonderful, or spiritual, or intellectual.   I realize that there is always someone more wonderful you could be listening to, more spiritual that you could learn from, and certainly there are many more intellectual who could convey what I am trying to say in a more concise or articulate way.  I simply share these things with you because I appreciate what others have taken the time to write down and share with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated before being posted.