Thursday, November 15, 2012

Why I Blog

So I've been blogging away for about a year and a half, and I thought it might be a good time to go back and take a look at why I blog.

It is good to go back and reevaluate yourself. That is after all one of the principles I advocate here.

My "tag line" says that this blog is, "A place to share my experiences (be they failures or successes) as I try to be a part of the Kingdom of God in tangible ways, and a place where I can get input from anyone who is interested in giving it!"

So as far as a place to share my experiences, I think Moving and Re-Thinking has been a success.  My blog posts are focused on my experiences.  As far as a place where I can get feedback... Well not so much...

I titled the Blog "Moving and Re-Thinking".  I named it this because want to from where I am toward something better, and I want to share that experience with anyone who cares to read about it.

I am not trying to say, "Your doing it wrong". 
I am trying to say, "I just learned this, it's pretty amazing to me, thought you might be interested".

Moving: - According to Websters 'moving' can mean "of or relating to a change" or "stirring deeply in a way that evokes a strong emotional response".  Everything I post here is posted because it challenges me to think or behave differently.  As someone whose spiritual gift set is leadership, the things that challenge me are often related to the way that the Body of Christ works together.

Re-Thinking: - I picked this word after being challenged at the Orange conference.  Romans 12:2 tells us that we need to be "transformed by the renewing of our minds" to put in simply, our thinking needs to change.  The idea of "renewing" to me, implies a consistent long term process, not a single event.  Not a switch that gets flipped when we 'get saved', but a series of changes, as we become more like Christ.  Just think about how the Disciples thinking must have changed as they moved from the cultural faith and religion of the pharisees, to the teachings of Jesus, to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, to the Missionary work of taking the Gospel to different cultures at the ends of the earth.

So as you read my blog keep these things in mind. 

1. I am sharing the things that influence or challenge me.
2. I want feed back.
3. I intend to post things that will "evoke a strong emotional response" - so my hope is that you will strongly agree or disagree. (and give me your feedback...)
4. My goal is to present not just my own ideas, but the thoughts of Spirit inspired people who are moving and re-thinking, and the scripture that challenges me to move and/or re-think.
5. I hope that sharing the things that have influenced me to change my thinking will inspire you to Re-Think your assumptions. 

As you read this blog, please understand that my intention is not to persuade or to criticize, but to spur you on toward personal re-evaluation, and ultimately love and good deeds.  You may re-evaluate, you may change, or you may come to the same conclusion. My hope is that you will have been inspired reflect on why you think what you think.

One final note.  I am not going to be posting this blog to facebook for a time (though you can still feel free to do so if you are so inclined). If you want to keep reading, you'll have to check it out on purpose, or you'll need to "Follow" the blog.  If you follow you'll get an e-mail when I post something.  So you'll be asked for some basic information by Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated before being posted.